Tuesday 5 February 2013

Quito

Day 1 of Ecuador 2013

Today I flew from Toronto to Quito via Miami. Upon arriving in Quito at 8pm I was met by one of the owners of Jardin de Quito. They helped me find a cell phone booth in the airport that had both Claro and Movistar as options. I went with Movistar which for $23 US you can get 30 days of unlimited calling at a large amount of internet (500). Also noteworthy is that on previous vacations finding a sim card the right size was an issue but in Ecuador they have both micro and marco sim cards available. No need to worry about cutting cards or buying a new phone here. The card cost $8.

Arriving to the Jardin de Quito we were greeted by a very welcoming family. The hotel is very secure and by my first impressions I like this place a lot. It has everything I need and is very simple. The water is warm (if you remember that C in Latin America means hot water- Caliente)  and the beds are comfy.

No comments:

Post a Comment