Wednesday 31 October 2012

Costa Rica 2012- Pre Trip


Chris and I are going to Costa Rica for 35 days. We don't have much planned concretely but have a general idea of places where we want to go.

We are flying in to San Jose on Nov 2nd. We planned our flight as early as possible since the public transit system ends at around 4:30. Since we arrive at 11am we have time to spend getting to the station and picking up some things we will need.

1) Our first stop is Quepos. Our first night we are staying in a hostel close to the bus station for convenience.  The hostel also has a shuttle to Manuel Antonio National Park where we will be spending at least a day.  Tickets for the park can be bought at COOPEALIANZA offices in Quepos and Manuel Antonio. 

2) Our second stop is further south along the pacific coast. We want to see the Osa  Peninsula and have a few places we could stay nearby.

3) Third Stop is Cahuita National Park. I've been here before and I hope to see eyelash vipers and swim the reefs again.

4) COTERC biological station- We will be volunteering at the COTERC field station for two weeks. They are doing research on comparing reptile and amphibian abundance in dry vs wet habitats that we will be assisting with as well as other projects.

5) Monte Verde is one of the most popular eco-tourism sites in Costa Rica. Here I hope to see the quetzales again. I have never had the pleasure of spending more than a few hours in this park and I feel like it is one that I could spend more than one day in so I am excited to visit it again.

I don't know how often I will be posting but I'll try to keep somewhat up to date while I'm down there.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment