Thursday 19 April 2012

Last few days in Guelph

My last few days on Guelph were pack with trying to see all my old friends and say final see you in a prolonged laters.  I did make sure to see the crows I worked with at Wild Ontario one last time before leaving Guelph.

Ontario Veterinary Clinic
Flowering tree outside the OVC

 Out of the two crows I have worked with Poe is a lot more photogenic and sits still longer than Loki.  These are all of Poe.
American Crow
Finding treats!
 
It was a great pose but then she looked confused.
 There were a lot of dandelions scattering the lawns. I don't know why these cute flowers are considered weeds... I have always liked them. 

 Many people had gorgeous flowers blooming in their gardens. There are a lot of crocuses that are pretty much over for the year. Tulips and Irises are starting to bloom. Hyacinth are in their peak. Periwinkles are scattered all over the gardens of Guelph.




Hyacinth
 

Tulip
 
I did also manage to squeeze time in for one last walk through the arboretum. As I was admiring this adorable American toad on the path, I saw a red-tailed hawk flying over the field. It was a great view but I only had a macro lens.
American toad
 

 The macro lens was perfect for the many butterflies flying around though. These question mark butterflies were seen drawing nectar from this flowering bush (Rosaceae of some sorts?).
Question mark butterfly

 Unfortunately the questions marks were the only butterflies that would sit still for a second.  There were also many red admirals that had come back from migration in mass numbers.

No comments:

Post a Comment