Monday 7 May 2012

Jamaica Day 8: Relaxing and the ocasional sighting

It is nearing the end of the trip and although I have seen a lot here I would still like to see more but lack of sleep and the excitement of seeing new wildlife is wearing off a bit and I am completely satisfied just laying on a beach all day today. I saw the usual birds plus a new one that I didn't recognize right away.

 Movement in the sand caught my eyes and I noticed another tiger beetle (Family-Cincindelinae). This time I was ready with my camera and am very satisfied with the photo since they are usually very quick moving insects and the traffic on the beach quickly scared him off. I saw a few more throughout the day as I walked around the beach near Margaritaville.
Tiger beetle
At night this black witch moth decided the porch was a good place to hang out.There were still geckos and frogs out but the owl didn't return.
Black witch moth


No comments:

Post a Comment