Tuesday 15 May 2012

Strugles with languages

This a very challenging and frustrating to be in a place where I can't communicate with other people easily. I needed an escape. During our 20 minute break this morning I went into the bush east of the school looking for birds. I saw a savannah sparrow, grackles, American robins and a red admiral butterfly.  An American woodcock scared the crap out of me when I flushed it out of the bushes. I followed it a bit but it would always fly off way before I'd even see it.

Red admiral
Savannah sparrow
For my ecology class (en fracais) we went down to the docks (quai) and had to answer a few questions. It was about a 5 minute bike ride from the school. I love being so close to the water and I'll definitely be back when I have more time. At the docks I saw :

Surf scooter
Surf scooter

Gulls
Black bird in the water> unknown Cormorant

Common grackle
American crow
American robin


Later that night we went to the sugar shack for a tour, to eat a whole lot of maple syrup candy and dance. At the sugar shack I saw:

Yellow-rumped warbler
Chickadees
American robins
Grackles
Chipmunk
Red trillium
Fiddle head ferns

A large bumble bee



Other warblers were calling but none were identified

No comments:

Post a Comment