Sunday 20 May 2012

Trois-Pistoles: Some local exploring

After class today I escaped to the beach nearby a water treatment plant. There was a lot of birds out and the weather was amazing.

 Great black-backed gulls
Great black-backed gulls
Ring billed gulls
American Tree Sparrow
Tree swallows
Duck sp.

Where a small river met the big river there were a lot of  well camouflaged wading birds running around. At first I saw one lesser yellowlegs. I followed this for a few minutes and realized so many rocks were moving! Wait those are just a ton more birds.
Killdeer (1)
Killdeer

Greater yellowlegs (9)
Lesser yellowlegs (1)
Black- capped chickadee


There was a feeding frenzy of gulls and ducks that were too far away for me to identify. I bet there was a lot of species in there I would have enjoyed seeing but I didn't have a scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment